Monday, November 5, 2012

Glaciers move faster than this relationship . . .

So I’ve been seeing this guy for a year. In that time, we’ve progressed from 1-2 emails per week and lunch/movie on Saturday to … 1-2 emails per week plus lunch/movie on Saturday. My birthday was last week. All I got was an email afterthought - at the end of the email, “hope you’re having a good birthday.” He’s nice. I like him. I enjoy the time we do spend together, and it’s nice to have someone buy me lunch and take me to a movie every week. But in that time, he’s never reached for my hand and when I told him he was allowed to kiss me, he blushed and stammered. All that to say - if you happen to run into Gerard Butler, Karl Urban, Richard Armitage, Michael Fassbender, Joe Manganiello, or Jeremy Renner, or even a nice normal guy who’s not so damn shy that he can’t even take my hand, please feel free to send him my way. He must be willing to overlook the facts that I’m still working on my weight issue, probably can’t have children, and won’t give up my cats - which, now that I think about it, are probably the reasons I’m still single. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, Sweetie. Sometimes men are just stupid. I'm afraid marriage doesn't completely change that. They can still be quite stupid at times. ;-)

    Re: Richard Armitage...it's too bad we no longer live in a society where throwing your arms around a man's neck in public to save him from an angry mob requires a marriage proposal. ;-) Life was so much simpler back then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know marriage doesn't change anything. It'd just be nice to have a new set of issues. LOL

    And yes, unfortunately, today that sort of action would probably result in a lawsuit, if not an arrest for assault. Ah, well. At least I still have my mental harem of fictional men . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Erin. You make me laugh. "Mental harem." Yikes. I'd keep them all in separate imaginary universes...more tidy that way. ;-)

      Delete